An Ode to our Love!!

Today 11-Dec-21 would have been our 10th marriage anniversary, which we both were really looking forward to. Specially since this would have been our first anniversary with our baby. We would have finally graduated from the couple to being 3 members in the family. So, in this post I will be sharing some of the beautiful memories of our special day.

I was reading a book and came across the Chinese concept of “Yuanfen” which essentially means “It is the force of destiny that causes two lives to cross paths in mysterious ways!”. Because if you look at our relationship, it truly was a force of destiny that brought us together, being in two different cities. Maybe we do have some past life connection that you came in life. As you can see in the picture on the side, how it all started with a scrap (message) in Orkut. So that’s how we became from friends.

This was the pre-WhatsApp era so we used to look forward to the weekends when we both used to at home (we both were in hostel) and could chat late into the night, thanks to Google chat. Catching up each other on the all the news that happened during the week. Slowly we became the best of friends and then she visited Mumbai once and we met in Marine drive. That was the first time I felt that she is a special friend. I even took a pic with her to see how we both look together 😊. I guess after that we started talking on the phone and started getting closer. However, neither of us said anything and we thought we are really good friends.

1 year passed in this way and it was on her b’day in 2011, I felt that I needed to do something special for her. And thanks to Karthu (one her best friend) for helping me in arranging a bouquet to gift to her. Since I was not sure about my feelings, I gifted her a bouquet of yellow roses. 

It felt very good to see the smile on her face and that’s when I realized I wanted to see that smile for the rest of my life. I told her how I felt about her and I knew she too felt the same, but we both felt maybe we both are not being rational and decided to take break for a few days. But I couldn’t last even a day without talking to her 😊, I called her in the night and said its not possible for me to stop talking to you (and now I can’t never talk to her in this life again). But this was all happening over the phone and we were doubtful whether we would feel the same way once we met in person. So, we decided to meet in person in Kerala. This time I went with red roses.  When we meet, we became surer about our love and decided to go ahead. We both told our parents and luckily for us they agreed. Here I would like to thank both the parents for pushing us to marry in 2011 only as we got more time spend together and create some wonderful memories.

Achu had written a blog about the marriage day, how I made her feel special (It is one of my fav blogs of her https://verdantmoss.wordpress.com/2013/09/14/beautiful-me/). So let me tell you the feeling behind this smile. It was very beautiful to see my girl walking down the aisle to become my partner for life. My eyes were on her the fulltime savoring each and every moment. I felt like the luckiest guy on earth that day to be marrying my love in the presence our family and friends. It is such a happy memory, that I feel it would have helped me in conjuring a powerful Patronus if we were in the Harry Potter world. 



Being in love is truly a special feeling, you get a warm and glowing feeling in your heart when you see her and it automatically lights up your face with a smile and when you see that smile reflected back at you, it makes life worth living. This always reminded me of the following beautiful lines in a novel (Brida) by Paulo Coelho regarding soulmates.



So, each anniversary, we would try to do something special whenever we were together, like one anniversary we went to Thailand, another time we went to a five-star hotel for a 5-course dinner. The dinner usually used to be her fav Italian cuisine. As this was the 10th anniversary, I had planned quite a few things. One of them was to get a matching “Always” tattoo with her, so I got myself the tattoo as I can’t do the other things now. You will be always in my heart Achukutty and thank you for all the beautiful memories. I just wish we had more time on our hands to do all the things that we planned together, but destiny had other plans.













Comments

archie M said…
What a beautiful story.
Such lovely Memories you two made in 10 years +, to last a lifetime.
Both of you are soulmates.and your little one and Achu are always going to be with you, around you.
God bless you my friend. Keep writing.
Love the tattoos..
All the very best.
Love and light..

Popular posts from this blog

The day I met her....…..

Mysteries of Life……

To My friends....