Tuesday, July 28, 2009
I was very excited to watch this movie as after a long time a Hp movie was comging in the theatres and the reviews also said that it was one of the best ones ever. But after watching it I am utterly disappointed..so thought of writing a review so that people who not seen might as give the movie a miss... The story has been changed a lot from the book. I know its difficult to bring the whole of the book inside a movie of 2-2.5 hrs still the story could have been kept similar to the book.
Some of the glaring mistakes I found in the movie were as follows:
1.Dumbledore is shown without his trademark half-moon spectacle...Y to change that...it would not have affected the story much.
2. Harry is shown without his invisibility cloak in the two scenes where he uses it.
3. There is no proper explanation given about the Horcruxes, instead what we get to see is more about love and romance....I mean without explaining the significances of the Horcruxes how is one supposed to understand what Harry has to do in the last movie.
4. In the climax Harry is shown not to be stupified but told by Dumbledore to hide....and wen Draco comes he easily disarms the greatest wizard..this not the Harry we know who is always ready to risk his life for the others.....Also Snape comes along and tell Harry to stay quiet and then kill's Dumbledore...Also they did not show the fight which takes place between the Order of the Pheonix and the Death Eaters..
5. they also missed Dumbledore's funeral...
6. after attacking Draco Harry is not interrogated by Snape but he still hides the book and the idea is given by Ginny...simply absurd...she could not dispose of a diary in the 2nd book and now suddenly she is all brains
7. No proper explanation of Voldermort's past his given....maybe they have made the movie in two parts...Double the money for the producers and money's worth for the people....
I would say all die hard HP fans to give this movie a miss as you will be sorely disappointed....I think the problem is that the directors don't read the book properly or just read it once..and go on to make the movie...Hope they make the last movie atleast better than this.....